Come april, tons of photos and a link to my learn to crochet videos!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Procrastination!


It's unfortunate, but I am one of those crafters who almost never finishes the projects they start. For each one I do manage to complete, there are about ten that I have abandoned. This is why afghans, throws and blankets are out of the question. The thought of making the same square 50 times, and then sewing them all together makes me want to lose my lunch....seriously, my hat's off to those of you who can pull large projects off.

In the photo above, you see my pathetic pile of unfinished dolls from the book Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden. Remember the fabulous knight that I made from that book? Well, I only finished it because I promised it to a friend. When it's made with love, sewing pieces together is no longer a chore. Some of the dolls are from the book, others are from the expansion packs that Christen has kindly offered for free. If you own the book, you can check out the expansion packs here.


What you see above is my fabulous collection of armaments for the Creepy Cute gang. These are loads of fun to work on, and if you're into details, like I am, you can have a ball trying different techniques for getting them to look as realistic as possible. The golds and silvers, for example, are done using nail polish.

When I finally do get these guys assembled, I'll display them here, so be prepared for a group shot some time in the future. (Notice I didn't say near future....hence the title of this post).

No comments: