Come april, tons of photos and a link to my learn to crochet videos!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Halloween Crochet and Sewing Projects


What's this? No, your eyes are not deceiving you....behold three finished projects. So long procrastination! It's not even October yet, but that won't stop me from enjoying my Halloween decorations early this year. As I've said before, I've got a thing for all that gothic/macabre stuff, which means that I have replaced my white vanilla candles with tall black tapers.....eerie, tall black candles, ready to burn long into the night while I devour yet another Gothic classic. Anyone ever read Jane Eyre?


But I'm beginning to ramble.... if you'd like to make your own halloween decorations, you can find them by following the links to the patterns/books. The sweet little pumpkin was made using a pattern by June Gilbank. The pattern can be found here. The black cat is made from a sewing pattern called Cat by Kristina Karkov Therkildsen, from the book Softies Only a Mother Could Love, edited by Jess Redman and Meg Leder. However, the original cat pattern has no face or hat, I just put a halloween-ish twist on it. The little Grim Reaper is made from a pattern by Christen Haden, which can be found in her book called Creepy Cute Crochet.


Aren't they sweet without their hat and hood? They look a lot less threatening this way! Not that they were ever really a threat to begin with....but then again...

2 comments: