Come april, tons of photos and a link to my learn to crochet videos!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mini Creepy Cute Amazonian


I had fun with the the amazonian pattern from the book Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden, which if you have not figured it out by now, is one of my favorite craft books. I decided to try a size 10 cotton thread with a tiny crochet hook, and though it was more challenging to work on, I'm really happy with the results. She's going to be traveling around with me attached to my bag very soon. I added some teal streaks to her hair for added appeal (the same hair do I would attempt, if only it suited me!)

For the picture on the bottom, I have placed her in a 'yarn jungle' of sorts, though it is actually my swamp scarf that I folded to look like a jungle setting. The swamp scarf is one of my favorite accessories.

You can find more of Christen's work on her blog, which features another one of my favorite items to crochet.....sushi!

Speaking of sushi.....


I was working on my own crochet sushi set for a while, but I am lazy when it comes to pattern writing (so many ideas worth writing up as patterns but no will power!) alas, it is true. I'll be getting my copy of Yummi Gurumi by Christen Haden and Mariarosa Sala very soon, which features a pattern for a whole sushi set, among other things like sanwiches, cakes and vegetables. I'll post the sushi set on here when I'm done so you can all drool and lament over the delicious sushi that can never be enjoyed by anyone.....unless you like chewing on yarn.....ok, maybe cats....they would make good cat toys, actually.

No comments: