Come april, tons of photos and a link to my learn to crochet videos!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Crochet Sushi Pattern is under way...

It finally arrived! I got my copy of Yummi Gurumi by Christen Haden and Mariarosa Sala, and though most people would prefer real sushi, I'm really enjoying the sushi crochet pattern. This book wouldn't be bad for beginners, and it's packed with interesting food patterns (I'll probably work on the sandwich next).


Here's what I have done of my sushi pattern so far. I was going to wait until I finished it to post, but I'm so busy these days, I figured I'd share my progress so far. Ok, I'll admit, I am kind of sad it's not real sushi...from a certain distance it actually looks tasty. But chewing on yarn is for cats, not people, so I'll pass. I've made many changes to my pieces compared to the instructions in the book, but I'm happy with how they are turning out. I will be gifting my friend (who got me hooked on sushi!) with his own fabulous set.

1 comment:

Wilandra said...

I dream of this book for a long time. I live in Polscce and there's nowhere you can not buy: (On the foreign sites are, but you have a credit card to make a purchase. I do not have a credit card: (Could I ask you to scan a book and send it by e-mail me? Thank you very much :)