Come april, tons of photos and a link to my learn to crochet videos!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Crochet Octopus!


I think I'm in love with this crochet pattern. It speaks to the lazy, impatient, good for nothing in me....the me that demands instant gratification! I made this octopus using a free pattern called All In One Octopus by Rachel Crowthers. Click the link for the free pattern. I made mine a little differently....I created stripes by alternating between teal blue and green, then to get super chunky tentacles, I held the two colours together when I made the legs. I've included a picture of the underside of the octopus too, so you can see that working with two colours at once creates a realistic look. Finally I added some bulging eyes, and stuck a starfish on his head. Thanks so much for sharing your fun pattern Rachel!






Ok, so it's a little undignified to have your derriere flashed all over the net, but when it looks so dang pretty, I just couldn't resist.... therefore, I give you my octopus' bottom in broad daylight....




1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the starfish on the head, too cute! The bottom is so neat and tidy, well done.